From the 3-9 December 2018 National Lottery Players can visit the Corinium Museum for free.
All you have to do is show us your National Lottery ticket and you can discover the archaeology of the Cotswolds at the award winning Corinium Museum.
A lot of the funding that will help us deliver the Stone Age to Corinium project is available because of people who play the National Lottery. Money from every pound goes into projects like this and Corinium Museum would like to thank those players by opening its doors free to them on 3-9 December.
Stone Age to Corinium an exciting project to create new Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age and Early Roman Galleries, as well as an inspiring garden space and a dedicated “hands-on” Discovery Centre and garden. Objects that are currently in storage will be conserved and put on display for the first time, including rare stone and bone tools, rock art, and beakers. This will help the museum to tell a new story about the pre-Roman occupation of the Cotswolds and support a wide range of activities, including the new prehistory curriculum.
Thanks to money raised by National Lottery players, the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) has awarded funding of £676,900 to help the Corinium Museum turn their plans into a reality. The HLF has been a long-term supporter of the Museum, having previously funded a major project at the site in 2001. Now this National Lottery support can help revitalise these important galleries, creating many more opportunities for local people and visitors alike to see more fascinating objects that tell the story of the Cotswolds through the early periods in our history.
Free entry to the museum will be given to anyone who presents a ticket for any National Lottery draw or National Lottery Scratchcard.
Terms and Conditions
- One National Lottery ticket provides free entry to the Corinium Museum for up to one family (up to 2 adults and 4 children).
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry; including tickets from any National Lottery draw based game or National Lottery Scratchcard. Proof of ticket can be either a hard copy ticket or a digital ticket.
- The offer is valid from Monday 3rd to Sunday 9th December.
- Corinium Museum has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of venue reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances.
- Tickets will be given at the Corinium Museum reception when visitors arrive with their National Lottery tickets.
- The promoter is Corinium Museum
- In the event of queries on the day, the manager’s decision is final