School and Pre-school visits to the museum:
The museum is multi award winning with vibrant and extensive displays. The education service has achieved external accreditation from the Sandford Award for Heritage Education and Learning Outside the Classroom. It has been shortlisted and won awards for work with children and young people. Within each gallery there are opportunities for “hands on” exploration and discovery through our computer interactives. All sessions are linked to the national curriculum.
- Romans (which is our most extensive collection)
- Medieval and Tudor life
- Civil War
We have an excellent shop with the option of goody bags for schools that don’t feel they have the time to shop. We have cloakrooms, a bookable lunch room and plenty of toilets!
Activities are fun and informative and led by a team of professional staff.
Here you can find information about:
- School and pre-school visits to the museum
- Educational sessions available
- Pupils discovery sheets and background information for teachers
- Booking information
- Loans boxes and Experience boxes – DIY education sessions for use in your classroom