Cotswold Museum Service cares for archaeological and social history objects in the Council’s collections. These collections are significant both nationally and internationally. Many of the objects are displayed at the recently refurbished and extended Corinium Museum, Cirencester.
The Museum Service also manages the Cirencester Visitor Information Centre which is located at the Corinium Museum, the Resource Centre (reserve collection store) at Northleach and the Lock-up at Trinity Road, Cirencester.
Our services inlcude:
- The provision of advice and information on archaeology and local history.
- The care and preservation of the District’s collections of archaeological and historic artefacts and documents.
- The provision of exhibitions and displays interpreting the heritage of the District.
- The provision of a museum’s education service to schools.
- The provision of a museum’s outreach service to the community, including workshops, children’s activities and programmes for lifelong learning.
- The interpretation of the collections through exhibitions, education programmes, talks and publications.
- The provision of an object identification service.
The Museum Service is owned and managed by Cotswold District Council.